Find Tile Installers in Ocoee, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT TILE INSTALLING
Is it easy to maintain tile after installation?
Taking care of newly installed tiles is necessary to preserve their appearance and durability. Regular cleaning using a gentle cleaner or mild soap and water can help remove dirt, spills, and residues without damaging the tiles. You shouldn't use harsh cleaners or cleaning equipment that might roughen or dull the tiles. Additionally, quickly addressing spills and stains, using mats or rugs in high-traffic places, and avoiding dragging heavy furniture or abrasive objects over the tiles can help minimize damage and prolong your tiles' pristine state.
Natural stone tiles, like marble, granite, slate, and travertine, are more difficult to clean and maintain compared to ceramic or porcelain tiles. Natural stones are porous and can absorb liquids and stains if not adequately sealed and cared for. Regular sealing of natural stone tiles and grout lines can help defend against stains and moisture penetration, but routine maintenance and care are necessary to preserve the beauty and integrity of the stone.
If you notice any issues or concerns with the tile installation in the next few days or weeks, such as loose or chipped tiles, uneven grout lines, or color fading, it's crucial to contact the tile installer. Document the issues with pictures if possible and give a detailed description to ensure a thorough assessment and timely mitigation. Make sure you choose a tile installer that stands behind their work with warranties to know you’re protected from any mistakes that occur during installation.
How long should I expect for my tile installation project to be completed by an expert?
Expert tile installers work efficiently to finish your project quickly and according to your specifications. The time needed to finish your project ultimately depends on the size of the room and complexity of the design but most are usually completed in 1-3 days. A few steps of the installation that require the longest time to finish include:
- Prepping the subfloor for tile installation by making sure it is clean, level, and free from imperfections by repairing any cracks or holes.
- Cutting tiles to the needed size and shape for your selected pattern and layout.
- Once all tiles are placed, and after the time needed for the adhesive to cure, grout is applied between the tiles using a grout float or similar device.
- If you've chosen porous tiles such as natural stone or unglazed ceramic, a suitable sealant is applied to protect the tiles from stains, water, and wear, which also needs time to cure.
What type of tile should I choose for my home?
Tile is a great option for many spaces throughout your home for its aesthetic and functional advantages. Speak with professional tile installers or refer to these features associated with the different kinds of tiles if you are unsure which is best for your needs:
- Ceramic - Sold in various colors, patterns, and finishes, including glazed or unglazed options. Ceramic is resilient against wear, water damage, and stains, making it great for many areas, and it is generally the most affordable option.
- Porcelain - Made in a variety of designs, including options with the appearance of natural stone or wood. Porcelain is dense and durable, making it a smart selection for areas with heavy foot traffic and constant moisture. Another positive aspect is that it is simple to clean and maintain with small risk of chipping or cracking.
- Natural Stone - Includes stones such as marble, granite, slate, travertine, or limestone for a sophisticated look. Natural stone is also heat-resistant, which you might want to consider if installing in rooms with underfloor heating units.
What sort of tile shouldn't be used on flooring?
One of the primary factors when updating floors with tile is making sure it's a sturdy enough surface for installation. Referred to as a subfloor by professional tile installers, it needs to be flat, smooth, and strong enough to brace the tile you've selected for the project. Your existing floor might need to be pulled up and an adequate subfloor prepped before the actual installation can start. Expert tile installers are able to construct a durable underlayment from scratch or fix an existing one for a long-lasting bond.
Some tile is specially designed for walls and should not be used for home flooring installation. Consider tile with good slip resistance for your floors, particularly in spaces with a lot of moisture. Nevertheless, remember that slippery tiles are also easier to clean, and some homeowners find a middle-ground when assessing their options or just use area rugs for improved safety.
Find the Information Necessary on Thumbtack To Hire Your Next Expert Tile Installer Confidently in Ocoee, TN
Professional tile installers have the talent and knowledge to transform the look of your space and provide the quality to ensure your new walls or floors last under the constant use of a busy home. Tile comes in various materials and finishes to create an exciting aesthetic but also offers practical advantages, such as being less maintenance and more water resistant than other common choices like wood, laminate, or drywall. Tile installation can be complex and require costly tools to deliver what you’ve envisioned, making hiring a professional well worth the price for many homeowners in Ocoee, TN.
Ceramic and porcelain tile is non-porous, which makes them a hypoallergenic and more hygienic surface for walls or flooring. Either option comes in various colors and finishes, or you can choose the timeless look of natural stone tile for your bathroom, kitchen, exterior space, or living area. A contractor will already possess the expensive cutting tools used to create unique shapes, sizes, and patterns for your new flooring or walls. Another challenging element of the project that an expert can perform for you is preparing a suitable underlayerment or backer board. A stable and level substrate is essential for proper adhesion, support, and long-term durability for wall or floor tile installations, particularly in spaces prone to moisture or movement.
Finding dependable tile installers who can bring your vision to reality for your budget is easier when you have the correct search criteria to start with. Other than written proposals before work starts clearly communicating all costs and the timeline for your project, make sure potential contractors are certified tile installers and offer a gallery of pictures and feedback from their past clients to know you can rely on their work. Most of this information and more is listed on Thumbtack so you can find proven tile installers around Ocoee, TN efficiently and confidently.