Find a Carpet Removal in Lowell, North Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CARPET REMOVAL
What happens with carpet after it gets removed?
Getting rid of used carpeting can be a strenuous project in itself, which is one reason hiring a professional carpet removal specialist will be a worthwhile investment. A professional can handle the difficult and messy task of hauling away removed sections of carpet, saving you from needing to rent a truck or making multiple trips in your vehicle. Finding a dump or recycling facility that takes used carpet is another problem a pro can help you circumvent.
You might find a way to re-use your used carpeting somewhere around your house, though this will likely depend on its age and state. Options for recycling old carpeting are limited and typically comes with a cost. However, it is the favored disposal method whenever possible due to the impact old carpet has on the environment. Most carpets are built with chemicals to enhance their durability and could take several decades to decompose in a landfill. If you have concerns about your carpet removal project's effect on the environment, inquire contractors about their disposal techniques by messaging them from the Thumbtack app.
What steps are followed when an expert carries out carpet removal services?
The process for professional carpet removal involves a few detailed steps to ensure a thorough and efficient outcome:
- Inspection - Professionals start by evaluating the condition of the carpet, subfloor, and any potential challenges to establish the best course of action during the removal process.
- Cutting and Rolling - The carpet is cut into tractable sections and rolled up for disposal beginning from one side of the room. Tack strips used to secure the carpet to the floor will be pulled out using a clawed tool and added to the waste pile.
- Removal of Padding - If there is a pad underneath the carpet, it is also pulled out and rolled for convenient disposal. Pads are typically stapled or glued to the floor, which will also need to be pulled out or scraped.
- Disposal - The discarded carpet, padding, and any related materials are properly disposed of at a landfill or recycling facility.
Specific steps may vary based on things like the kind of carpet, the technique used for its installation, and the condition of the underlying flooring. Employing experienced professionals found on Thumbtack gives you the security of a well-planned and properly executed carpet removal process.
Is it advised to enlist a professional for carpet removal?
Carpet removal may seem easy in theory, but it can be a particularly messy project with a lot of heavy lifting. Carpeting is installed securely with wooden strips and tacks all along the edges and corners of a room that will need to be pried up using a hammer or crowbar. Underneath the carpeting is a dense pad typically stuck to the subfloor with a glue that must be scraped or chiseled away. Depending on the square footage of the room, the project might take several hours or days to complete on your own.
Deciding to hire an expert to handle your carpet removal project offers certain benefits. Professional contractors will be bonded and insured to protect you from any potential damages during the service. There is also the disposal that can be a hassle, but a professional service will handle taking the old carpet to an appropriate waste or recycling location.
If you're removing carpet to expose hardwood or tiled flooring beneath, your contractor could prep these surfaces for refinishing. You might even be able to save money through bundling these services into a packaged deal. Save yourself the headaches and eliminate the risk of expensive mistakes by employing a professional carpet removal service in Lowell, NC listed on Thumbtack.
What steps should I follow to ready my property for the scheduled carpet removal?
You should assist your contractor by prepping your house for a hazard-free and efficient carpet removal process:
- Clear the Area - Remove all items from the room where the carpet removal will take place, including furniture or pictures hanging from the walls, to ensure nothing gets in the way or becomes broken.
- Plan To Be Available - Make sure to plan for an open schedule on the day of your carpet removal service so you are available to communicate with your contractor if needed. Your contractor may need to get verifications on details or ask important questions about the project during the process.
- Secure Pets and Children - If your home has pets or small kids, make sure they are secured in a safe area out of the way of the removal site.
There is little you need to do when you enlist an expert to take care of your carpet removal project. Removing obstructions from the room where work will take place, being on hand to provide instructions, and securing pets and kids will help contractors conduct the service efficiently so you receive the best outcome.
Save Time and Eliminate Hassles by Enlisting a Proven Carpet Removal Contractor in Lowell, NC Through Thumbtack
Carpet removal is a messy and difficult process that can easily become overwhelming for the average DIYer. Many people find it a better value for their time and money when turning to a contractor to deliver the high-quality results they've envisioned. With the average cost of contracted carpet removal services in Lowell, NC being around $200 to $300, you might also find it a cost-effective solution for all the benefits that a contractor will provide.
The process involved with carpet removal begins with cutting the material into controllable segments and pulling it up from one edge of the room to the other. Carpets are attached around the edges with tack strips, which must be pulled up and discarded. The pad underneath the carpet is typically glued to the floor, which will need to be chiseled away.
If you're removing carpet to expose wood or tile or plan to install a new flooring material, your contractor could prep the subfloor for the next stage of your project or conduct refinishing services. These services can be combined as one to help you save money overall.
Getting rid of carpet after removal can be a pain, but your contractor can also handle this task. Many contractors will transport wasted materials to a recycling center if feasible. However, take into consideration that many recycling centers that take carpet material typically impose a fee. Transporting and discarding the carpeting at a waste facility is an added convenience professionals offer that could make it worth the cost for you.
You'll obtain better results and save yourself a lot of headaches by employing an expert to handle your carpet removal project. The first step is finding a qualified contractor for the job based on search criteria like customer ratings, estimates, and scheduling. All of this information and much more is collected on Thumbtack, where you can assess profiles of contractors throughout Lowell, NC and hire with confidence.