Find a Carpet Removal in Kittery, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CARPET REMOVAL
Can carpet removal produce any impact to the environment?
Disposing of used carpeting can be an ordeal in itself, which is another reason choosing a professional carpet removal specialist will be a huge convenience. A professional can handle the difficult and dirty job of hauling away removed sections of carpet, saving you from needing to rent a truck or making several trips in a personal vehicle. Locating a landfill or recycling facility that accepts used carpet is another problem a pro can help you circumvent.
You could find a way to re-use your used carpeting somewhere around your house, but this will likely depend on its age and state. Options for recycling used carpeting are slim and usually comes with a cost. Nevertheless, it is the preferred disposal method whenever feasible because of the impact old carpet has on the environment. Most carpets are made using chemicals to make them last longer and will take over 50 years to decompose in a landfill. If you have concerns about your carpet removal job's effect on the environment, inquire contractors about their disposal techniques by communicating with them directly from the Thumbtack platform.
What is the procedure for professional carpet removal?
The procedure for professional carpet removal includes a few detailed steps to ensure a thorough and efficient outcome:
- Assessment - Professionals start by inspecting the condition of the carpet, the flooring beneath, and any potential challenges to identify the best course of action during the removal process.
- Cutting and Rolling - The carpet is cut into manageable sections and rolled up for removal beginning from one end of the room. Tack strips used to secure the carpet to the edges of the room will be pried up with a clawed tool and added to the waste pile.
- Removal of Padding - If there is a pad under the carpet, it is similarly cut up and rolled for convenient disposal. Padding is often stapled or glued to the subfloor, which will also have to be pulled out or chiseled off.
- Disposal - The removed carpet, padding, and all associated materials are properly disposed of at a landfill or recycling facility.
Specific steps may vary based on factors such as the kind of carpet, the technique used during its installation, and the condition of the subfloor. Hiring knowledgeable professionals listed on Thumbtack gives you the security of a well-planned and properly executed carpet removal process.
What benefits can I expect from hiring a professional for my carpet removal, and how will it compare to performing it myself?
Carpet removal may appear simple at first, but it can be a particularly dirty project with plenty of heavy lifting. Carpeting is installed and secured with wooden strips and tacks all along the walls and corners of the room that has to be pried up using a hammer or crowbar. Underneath the carpeting is a dense pad typically stuck to the subfloor with an adhesive that must be scraped or chiseled off. Depending on the size of the work area, the job could require many hours or days to complete on your own.
Deciding to hire a professional to take care of your carpet removal job offers certain benefits. Dependable contractors are bonded and insured to safeguard you from any potential accidents during the service. There is also the disposal that can be a hassle, but your contractor will handle transporting the old carpet to the appropriate waste or recycling location.
If you're removing carpet to expose hardwood or tiled flooring beneath, your contractor can prepare these materials for refinishing. You might even be able to save money by bundling these services into a packaged deal. Save yourself the stress and eliminate the chance of expensive mistakes by employing a professional carpet removal service in Kittery, Maine found on Thumbtack.
How can I organize and prepare my house for the upcoming carpet removal service?
You should assist the contractor by prepping your house for a hazard-free and efficient carpet removal process:
- Clear the Area - Remove all items from the room where the carpet removal will take place, including furniture and pictures hanging from the walls, to ensure nothing gets in the way or becomes broken.
- Plan To Be Available - Be sure to plan for an open schedule on the date of the carpet removal service so you are available to communicate with your contractor if needed. Your contractor could need to verify details or ask important questions about your home during the process.
- Secure Pets and Children - If your home has animals or young kids, make sure they are secured in a safe area out of the way of the removal site.
There isn't much you need to do when you enlist an expert to handle your carpet removal job. Clearing the room where work will occur, being on hand to provide instructions, and securing animals and kids will help contractors conduct the service efficiently so you receive the best results.
Discover Dependable Help for Carpet Removal Near Kittery, Maine With Thumbtack
Carpet removal can be a dirty and difficult process that will quickly become too much for the average DIYer. Many people find it a good value in time and money when turning to a contractor to ensure the professional results they've imagined. With the average price of contracted carpet removal services near Kittery, Maine being around $200 to $300, you might also find it a cost-efficient solution for all the perks that a contractor will provide.
The procedure involved with carpet removal starts with cutting the material into manageable segments and pulling them out from one side of the room to the other. Carpets are attached around the boundaries with tack strips, which must be pried up and disposed of. The pad beneath the carpet might be glued to the subfloor, which may have to be scraped off.
If you're taking out the carpet to expose wood or tile or plan to put in a new flooring material, the contractor could prepare the subfloor for the next stage of your project or perform refinishing services. These services can be packaged as one to help you save money overall.
Disposing of carpet after removal can be a hassle, but your contractor can also handle this step. Most contractors will transport waste to a recycling location if possible. However, keep in mind that many recycling facilities that take carpet material typically impose a fee. Transporting and discarding the carpeting at a waste center is an added benefit professionals provide that could make it worth the price for you.
You'll get better results and save yourself a lot of stress by enlisting an expert to handle your carpet removal job. The first step is finding a qualified contractor for the job based on search criteria such as client reviews, estimates, and scheduling. All of this information and a lot more is collected at Thumbtack, where you can evaluate profiles of contractors in Kittery, Maine and choose confidently.