Find Tile Installers in Normal, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT TILE INSTALLING
Is it easy to maintain tile after installation?
Maintaining and caring for your freshly set tiles is essential to preserve their beauty and durability. Normal cleaning utilizing a gentle cleaner or mild soap and water will help remove dirt, spills, and residues without damaging the tiles. You shouldn't use abrasive chemicals or cleaning equipment that might scratch or dull the tiles. Additionally, promptly addressing spills and stains, placing mats or rugs in high-traffic places, and avoiding dragging heavy furniture or abrasive objects over the tiles will help minimize damage and maintain the tiles' pristine look.
Natural stone tiles, like marble, granite, slate, and travertine, will be more difficult to preserve than ceramic or porcelain tiles. Natural stones are porous and will absorb liquids and stains if not adequately sealed and cared for. Recurrent sealing of natural stone tiles and grout lines will help defend against stains and moisture absorption, but constant maintenance and care will be invaluable to preserve the beauty and integrity of the stone.
If you notice any issues or concerns with the tile installation after completion, such as loose or cracked tiles, uneven grout lines, or color fading, it's crucial to contact the professional contractor. Document the issues with pictures if possible and provide a detailed description to facilitate a thorough evaluation and timely remediation. Make sure you choose a tile installer that stands behind their work with warranties to know you’re protected from any mistakes that happen during installation.
How many days are usually needed for professional tile installers to deliver my installation?
Expert tile installers work efficiently to deliver your project quickly and according to your vision. The time needed to finish your project will depend on the size of the room and complexity of the layout but most are typically finished in 1-3 days. A few steps of the process that take the longest time to finish are:
- Prepping the subfloor for tile installation by ensuring it is clean, flat, and free from defects by filling any cracks or holes.
- Cutting tiles to the necessary size and shape for the selected design and layout.
- Once all tiles are placed, and following the time needed for the glue to cure, grout is applied between the tiles using a grout float or similar tool.
- If you've chosen porous tiles such as natural stone or unglazed ceramic, the appropriate sealant is applied to secure the tiles from stains, moisture, and wear, which also needs time to cure.
Do various tile materials offer different benefits?
Tile is an excellent choice for many places inside and outside the house because of its aesthetic and functional benefits. Confer with professional tile installers or refer to these features related to different kinds of tiles if you are unsure which is best for your needs:
- Ceramic - Produced in many colors, patterns, and textures, including glazed or unglazed options. Ceramic is durable against wear, moisture, and stains, making it good for many spaces, and it is typically the most affordable choice.
- Porcelain - Available in diverse styles, including options that mimic natural stone or wood. Porcelain is dense and strong, making it a common selection for kitchens or bathrooms that see heavy foot traffic and constant moisture. Another advantage is that it is easy to clean and maintain with small chance of chipping or cracking.
- Natural Stone - Comprises natural materials such as marble, granite, slate, travertine, and limestone for a sophisticated aesthetic. Natural stone is also high-temperature-resistant, which you should think about if installing in areas with underfloor heating systems.
What floors can you tile over?
One of the first considerations before updating floors with tile is ensuring it's a sturdy enough surface for installation. Called a subfloor by experienced tile installers, it has to be flat, smooth, and strong enough to brace the tile you've selected for the project. Your current flooring could need to be ripped out and an adequate subfloor prepped before the actual installation can begin. Professional tile installers can construct a strong underlayment from scratch or fix an existing one for a long-lasting bond.
Certain tiles are specially designed for walls and are not suited for your flooring installation. It's a good idea to select tile with good traction for your floors, especially if used for spaces with a lot of moisture. However, remember that slippery tiles are also the easiest to clean, and some people seek the middle-ground when assessing their options or even use area rugs for enhanced safety.
Get the Information Necessary on Thumbtack To Hire Your Next Expert Tile Installer Confidently Near Normal, IL
Full-time tile installers have the skill and expertise to update the style of your space while simultaneously delivering the quality to ensure your new walls or floors survive under the constant use of a busy household. Tile is sold in a variety of materials and textures to create a one-of-a-kind aesthetic but also offers practical benefits, including being less maintenance and more water resistant than other common choices like wood, laminate, or drywall. Tile installation can be difficult and require expensive tools to achieve the results you’ve envisioned, making employing a professional well worth the price for many homeowners in Normal, IL.
Ceramic and porcelain tiles are waterproof, which makes them a hypoallergenic and more hygienic surface for walls and flooring. Either of the two comes in a huge array of colors and textures, or you can choose the timeless look of natural stone tile for any bathroom, kitchen, outdoor space, or living area. A contractor will already have the expensive cutting tools used to create unique shapes, sizes, and patterns for your floors or walls. Another problematic element of the project that an expert can handle for you is constructing a sturdy subfloor or backer board. A stable and level substrate is essential for proper adhesion, support, and long-term durability for wall or floor tile installations, especially in spaces that see a lot of moisture or movement.
Finding professional tile installers who will bring your vision to life for your budget is easier if you have the correct information to start with. Besides written proposals before work begins outlining all costs and the timeframe for your project, make sure potential contractors demonstrate they are certified tile installers and offer a gallery of pictures and feedback from their past customers to know you can rely on their work. All of this information and more is collected on Thumbtack so you can find reputable tile installers in Normal, IL quickly and confidently.